Concursion is a fusion of five classic gaming genres, molded into one seamless experience. The game combines mutliple classic gaming genres such as hack & slash, platforming, and shooting, and even mixes in some Pac-Man style maze busting.
Concursion is being developed by Puuba and is set to release this Spring 2014 on PC and Mac. YOu can learn more at www.concursiongame.com
Read on after the break for more information about the features you can find in Concursion and the developer.
Imagine a world of bright blue skies and puffy white clouds. You sprint across platforms, jump over gaps, and bounce off of an enemy… only to find yourself in outer space…
Concursion is a fusion of five classic gaming genres, molded into one seamless experience.
It’s not a compilation. Each of Concursion’s worlds intertwines with the others. You’ll utilise radically different sets of game mechanics in quick-fire succession – taking on everything from platforming, to space combat, to Pac-Man-style maze-busting.
What happens if the rift points between each of these worlds move? What if they actually chase you – forcing you, against your will, into alternate dimensions? What if your foes have ways to cross these boundaries, morphing and changing as they go…?
- Five classic gameplay genres – platforming, shooting, hacking-and-slashing, aerial exploration and maze racing
- Five original worlds, each with its own game mechanics, art style, and story to tell
- Five whole soundtracks from an Emmy-nominated composer, cross-blended between the worlds
- Unique fusion play – radically different game mechanics charge into each other head-first!
- Explore cartoon worlds, outer space, and even Feudal Japan!
About The Developer
Puuba means a lot to Danny Garfield, attached to some form of work or another for the past 15 years! This time things are a little different, it’s now the name of his studio working on flagship title Concursion, an ambitious title that blurs the lines between 5 retro genres.