FTL Advanced Edition is at this point probably going to be at least 2x more awesome than regular FTL. It’s pretty amazing that the developers have continued working on their design to further improve their already fantastic game.
On the official FTL blog a number of previously unannounced features were revealed, including a new alien race!
- Lanius Ship: New player ship with its own achievements and alternate layout.
- Type C Ship Layouts: 8 of the original ships will have a third layout that capitalizes on the new content. With the Lanius ship, that makes for a total of ten new starting ship designs.
- Backup Battery Subsystem: Subsystem that can provide temporary reactor power in a pinch.
- New Drones: Expanded drone options includes: the Shield Drone that generates a green super shield for your ship, the Anti-Combat Drone that shoots down enemy combat drones, and the Ion Intruder that blasts into the enemy ship and randomly ionizes systems while stunning and distracting crew.
- Gameplay Refinements: Doors and Sensors can be manned to increase effectiveness; you can now rename crew mid-game; each race has a small variety of colors which allows for easier visual recognition;
- And more to come: We’re still balancing and polishing the features that are being added. Be sure to keep an eye out for additional content announcements!