Last night during the Sony conference, Paradox officially revealed Magicka 2 to the world.
The game is set to release on both PC and PS4 some time in the unknown future. It’s safe to say you can expect a lot more of what made the first Magicka so special. In addition, artifacts add a new twist to the sequel that will surely be interesting.
Magicka 2 offers players a story-driven campaign mode set in a lush fantasy world influenced heavily by Nordic folklore. New to the franchise are “Artifacts,” which act as different switches and options for players to customize and change the gameplay experience, adding more replayability when utilized.
Magicka 2 will feature
- As an all-powerful Wizard, you will have thousands of spells at your fingertips to experiment and defeat evil with, use them together with special Magicks to annihilate foes or give necessary aid to your companions.
- Combine up to five elements at a time and work together with—or against—your friends for that full Magicka co-op experience.
- Four Player Friendly Fire Compatible Co-op
- Full co-op support! All levels and game modes in Magicka 2 will be supported for four player co-op with hot join, checkpoints, and other supportive features and functionality.
- Friendly fire is always on, promoting emergent gameplay humor as players accidentally hurt or kill their friends in their attempts to annihilate enemies.
You can learn more about Magicka 2 at http://www.paradoxplaza.com/magicka-2-learn-to-spell-again