Dice is hoping to fix some of the more annoying bugs that have been plaguing BF4 since launch day. Notable bugs include the close range headshot bug and the audio cutout mutliplayer issue.
No word on whether the next patch will correct the crashing that many players are experiencing.
Below are the pre-patch notes according to the official forum post
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
- Fixed the “one-hit kill bug” where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
- Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.