Kalypso Media unveiled plans for the first expansion for Omerta City of Gangsters which will be releasing on PC December 5th 2013. Read on for the full press release.
Irish mobsters, Ku-Klux-Klan racists, a mysterious business man from the far-east and a beautiful Japanese woman – it’s time for another episode in the life of The Boss! Kalypso Media is thrilled to announce that ‘The Japanese Incentive’, the new expansion for the acclaimed gangster themed strategy game Omerta – City of Gangsters, will be available on Windows PC via digital download on December 5th for $19.99/£14.99/€19.99. ‘The Japanese Incentive’ will also be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in early 2014.
‘The Japanese Incentive’ expansion offers budding mobsters a brand new and exciting single player campaign with new characters, storyline, weapons and cut scenes as well as unlocking new areas of Atlantic City, all ripe for the taking. There’s no time to let your guard down as there’s a new enemy AI gang in the city and they are looking to muscle in on your turf. It’s a story from a time when love was more important than keeping your cool, but sometimes losing your cool is the only way to get the job done.
Features of ‘The Japanese Incentive’
- All new! — Play an exciting new campaign with unique characters, storylines and cut scenes
- Explore and Dominate – Discover districts of Atlantic City and its outskirts not yet seen in Omerta – City of Gangsters
- Kill it with fire – new weapons include the katana, flamethrower and machine gun
- The gang’s all here – Hire additional characters whose special new traits will help make quick work of your foes
- Outsmart a new challenger – Battle for the city against an updated enemy gang AI
- Pick a wheelman – Plan fantastic heists, then use lavish new cars and armored vehicles for getaways
- It’s all business – Take over new buildings like the security agency and the auto shop and put them to criminal use
- Watch the world burn – Set the battlefield ablaze with a unique new “fire” feature, which makes the most of the new flamethrower weapon
About Omerta – City of Gangsters
Omerta – City of Gangsters is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-off-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920’s Atlantic City, New Jersey. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.
The player strategically manages his business and his minions in a real-time format, slowly but steadily increasing his influence over the city. The player sends his henchmen out on missions ranging from assassinating an informant, to raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank or attacking a rival gang’s hideout. Nobody is above the law in Atlantic City, so it always helps to have a little cash handy to bribe a policeman or pay off a politician.
The turn-based combat in Omerta – City of Gangsters focuses on the tactical command of “The Boss” and his henchmen. Cover and stealth are essential parts of any shootout in the game. Finding the best vantage point to gun down an enemy, while taking cover from a hailstorm of bullets, can be just as satisfying as sneaking quietly behind a foe and taking him down.