Capcom has officially announced Resident Evil will be coming to PC and other next gen systems in early 2015. Scheduled for digital release in North America on January 20th, 2015, this definitive collection includes upgraded visuals, fully remastered 5.1 channel sound, an easier difficulty mode, and a new alternative control scheme.
Resident Evil’s next gen release features:
- Remastered highly requested fan favorite horror title – return to the Mansion to experience the beginning of the Resident Evil saga
- Upgraded visuals – using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles and frame rate options for PC
- Fully remastered sound effects – 5.1 surround support provides a greater gaming atmosphere
- All original difficulty levels plus new Very Easy Mode for novice players
- Toggle visual and control scheme options at any time:
- Experience the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode
- Purists can choose to play with the classic control scheme or enjoy a new alternative scheme in line with current standards where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick
Resident Evil is scheduled for release in North America on January 20th, 2015 for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 4, and Playstation 3.