After releasing their speedrunner’s nightmare, Concursion, the team at Puuba is hard at a brand new upcoming game. The Weaponographist is a “frantic top-down roguelike dungeon-crawl” scheduled for release on PC and Mac in the Summer of 2015.
About the Game:
The Weaponographist is a high-speed, top-down dungeon-crawling arena combat game. You play as Doug McGrave, famous demon hunter for hire. Highest level, bestest gear, ruggedly handsome, and unrepentant jerk. For refusing to help a poor town plagued by demons, you are immediately, deservedly cursed. Your powers, your wealth, and your weapons – all gone. To overcome the curse, you’ll need to clear out the dungeon using whatever weapons you can find. Fighting your way through, you are forced to use the weapons and spells dropped by enemies, as they fall apart in your hands.
Fill up your combo meter by defeating evil, vanquish demons to regain your strength, and weaken the curse while you can. But beware. Whenever you aren’t attacking, your combo will quickly drain away, and the curse will continue to take its toll. Only by killing monsters quickly, adapting to new weapons, and slowly removing the curse in pieces can Doug make his way to the depths of the dungeon and get the heck out of this damned one-horse town.
Key features include:
- Rogue-like adventure in a fast-paced top-down arena filled with randomly generated paths to explore.
- Pulse-pounding weapon swaps requiring constant adaptation to defeat the enemy swarms.
- Frantic pace requiring constant engagement to catch and surpass the difficulty curve.
- Collect demon “goop” to strategically trade with Hellside vendors and gradually wear off this curse.
- Epic soundtrack from Christopher Hoag.
The Weaponographist is planned to be released on Steam for Windows PC and Mac in Summer 2015.
The Weaponographist is scheduled for a Summer 2015 release on PC and Mac. Learn more about Puuba and their unique games at www.puuba.com.